Join Our Exciting Growth Journey as Head of Production in EvodiaBio!
Do you have a passion for driving change and innovation? We’re looking for an experienced Head of Production to join our team and be part of revolutionizing the future of natural aromas.
As Head of Production, you will be responsible for setting up and commissioning our pilot production, as well as implementing safety, health and environmental protocols. You get the opportunity to build and lead your own team, while also working within a dedicated and ambitious group. With a strong technical background in process engineering, and experience in pilot plant operations and fermentation, you will be a key player in driving our growth and success.
If you’re ready for a unique opportunity to make a real impact, we want to hear from you! So don’t miss out on this chance to join us on our growth journey.
EvodiaBio is a bio-industrial startup reinventing the production of natural aromas for a more sustainable world starting by making non-alcoholic beer taste great in a sustainable and environmentally positive way.
EvodiaBio is a company based in Copenhagen. It was founded in 2021 with funding from the attractive Novo Nordisk Foundation BioInnovation Institute program. The company recently raised DKK 45 million in a financing round in December 2022.
Through a patent-protected yeast fermentation process, we have developed an efficient method to produce the aromas so often lost while making non-alcoholic beer. EvodiaBio aromas will enable the brewers to produce great-tasting non-alcoholic beers. Simply put: we make non-alcoholic beer taste great!
Traditional brewing relies on aromas from hops, which are intensively farmed, consume large amounts of water, and produce a high CO2 footprint. Our custom aroma blends produced with yeast fermentation allow brewers to produce great beers and at the same time help reduce global water usage and CO2 release.
We’re looking for an experienced process engineer to assist with the establishment of our pilot plant, and the design, optimizing, and scaling of bioprocesses for the different molecules in our product portfolio.
The successful candidate will have a strong background in bioprocessing methods, particularly fermentation, and will be responsible for testing different DSP workflows, introducing new technologies, and identifying and resolving bioprocess bottlenecks.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a dedicated, international team of scientists and commercial people as we work together to bring a new innovation to market.
Your tasks will include:
- Setting up and commissioning a new pilot production facility
- Implementing safety, health, and environmental protocols
- Building and leading a production team
- Overseeing the production and managing budgets and resources related to production
- Trying new production processes and ensuring existing processes are efficient and compliant with relevant regulations and standards
- Working closely with other departments, such as R&D fermentation, strain engineering and the quality department, to ensure the successful development and manufacturing of our products
- Identifying and addressing bottlenecks in production processes
- Introducing new technologies and processes to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Managing and maintaining equipment and facilities
- Providing technical guidance and support to the production team
- Staying up to date with industry trends and developments in bioprocessing and fermentation technologies.
- Degree in engineering or other relevant technical discipline
- Experience in pilot plant operations and scale-up
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage a team
- Experience in process engineering and optimization
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Experience with process safety management and risk assessment
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Fluent in English at a professional level
Bonus point if you have:
- Strong experience in bioprocessing, particular fermentation
- A flexible and adaptable approach, with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- A passion for contributing to the success of a bio-industrial company in its early stages but with big ambitions
- Start-up experience
Start date is flexible but targeting March 2023
What we offer:
- The opportunity to become part of an ambitious start-up on an exciting growth journey
- A real startup experience – We are a small team of 10 people and launched this venture recently. We are in the process of setting up our pilot production. Challenging work and experimentation with innovative ideas is part of the daily routine. You will have the opportunity to be responsible for the production and directly influence some strategic decisions and see the impact of your work.
- Great colleagues and flexible working hours with the possibility to organize your time as most convenient.
- This is an opportunity to join EvodiaBio at the beginning of its journey, from which if you are right for the position then you will continue the journey with us as we expand
How you can apply
If you find the position interesting, please send your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. We wish to hire as fast as possible, so we will call in relevant candidates on an ongoing basis.
Do you want to know more about the position, contact Camilla Fenneberg on +45 81728188 or email@example.com